There have been four successive stations, reflecting the status of Petone. Now over 200 people in the Hutt are working to …

Sometime after 1891 Winter's Block was installed on the Te Aro - Lambton - Ngauranga - Petone - Lower Hutt sections. Guide for Petone Railway Station events.

Railway Observer See preview and contents Full Index. The Petone Workshops were a government-owned railways maintenance and repair facility located in Petone, in Lower Hutt in the Wellington region of New Zealand’s North Island. Note on back of file print reads: "A P Godber with Wab class loco 686, 1917.

In 1901 tablet, the first such installation in New Zealand, replaced Winter's Block over the same sections. The Petone Workshops were a government-owned railways maintenance and repair facility located in Petone, in Lower Hutt in the Wellington region of New Zealand’s North Island. This is the interior of the machine shop circa 1906. Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s).

The first TR shunting locomotive built was TR1, constructed at Petone Workshops , New Zealand in July 1924. Locomotives in the construction shed at the Petone Railway Workshops. Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s). Petone Workshop built TR1, about 1925.

Physical Description: Dry plate glass negative 6.5 x 4.75 inches Petone Railway Station, Hutt Road, Petone, Lower Hutt. Petone Workshop. Membership or Renewals Find out more about the benefits of joining the New Zealand Railway and Locomotive Society Join/Renew Now. Workshops Petone. The railway reached Petone in 1874 and the first station was a small flag station located some 100 metres to the south of the present site. The Petone Workshops were a government-owned railways maintenance and repair facility located in Petone, in Lower Hutt in the Wellington region of New Zealand's North Island. _Back_.

In 1901 tablet, the first such installation in New Zealand, replaced Winter's Block over the same sections. In that decade the major changes that affected both the country and the railway system saw workshops activity sharply diminish - a result of different management, contracting-out, and improved rolling stock design and technology.
The current one dates from 2003. Categories. The second Petone Station was west of the Petone Railway Workshops. History; … The Petone Workshops were a government-owned railways maintenance and repair facility located in Petone, in Lower Hutt in the Wellington region of New Zealand’s North Island. Photograph taken by Albert Percy Godber ca 1910. Sometime after 1891 Winter's Block was installed on the Te Aro - Lambton - Ngauranga - Petone - Lower Hutt sections. Not that long ago Hutt Railway workshops were very close to closing with staff down to 70. English: The photographer (A P Godber) standing by the Wab class locomotive (NZR no. All photographs copyright to New Zealand Railway & Locomotive Society, 2020. The Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT).

Those who stayed had to cope with regular floods until 1900, when the completion of a series of stopbanks reduced flooding. Petone Railway Workshops. The Petone Workshops were a government-owned railways maintenance and repair facility located in Petone, in Lower Hutt in the Wellington region of New Zealand's North Island. Petone then flourished and soon became an important industrial centre. AP Godber collection, Alexander Turnbull Library . Formerly Ws type, different bogie". Photograph taken by Albert Percy Godber ca 1910.
Locomotives in the construction shed at the Petone Railway Workshops. Passenger Car [Aa 1068], 2014.465. At the recently-refurbished Petone Settlers Museum, find out about the region’s fascinating social history, from the esteemed chiefs who presided over the area to the woollen mills and railway workshops that fuelled the area’s growth in the 20th century. Ther erecting shop was where engines were stripped down for maintenance. 1908. KiwiRail and Phil Twyford at Hutt Railway Workshops checking out progress on the new trains that will operate between Hamilton and Auckland.

686), photographed at the Petone Railway Workshops in 1917. The second Petone Station was west of the Petone Railway Workshops. Ther erecting shop was where engines were stripped down for maintenance. 1980s : Workshops Reduced Throughout New Zealand Due to New Management and Improved Technology. Signals had been installed by 1898 as this Evening Post story about a large bush fire demonstrates.